In my last post, I explained what are the criteria and influencing factors for selecting a preschool or school Click here
In my this post I will share 5 marketing tactics for preschool and schools to achieve short term goals:
- Below the Line (BTL) activation: Your school can run BTL activities in the selected geography by way of events or activities. For example, An event in the mall on a festive day. Remember your goal is to generate leads by brand awareness.
Pro Tip: Any event or activation implemented in a mall should be on a festive day or on a weekend.
Related post: Above the line & Below the line advertising simplified
- Above the Line (ATL) activation: As ATL caters to masses, it will consume most of your marketing budget. If you are chain then you should try for Radio or newspaper ads but if you are startup then you should consider newspaper ads in a local newspaper, hoardings in areas of your TG.
Pro Tip: In your communication make sure you have a “call to action”. For example, Give us a missed call to be part of #FunLearning. This will help you measure your ROI.
- Society Tie-Ups: This is one of the most successful ideas in marketing your school. Make a list of all the societies which you feel your TG resides. The next step is to get the permission (which is the hardest) from these societies to conduct an activity that will be beneficial for children and parents. Remember your objective is to generate leads and brand awareness.
Pro Tip: Plan an activity which will connect parents. For example, “Breast Cancer awareness” or “Seminar for Expecting Mothers” or “Best out of waste for kids”.
- Mascot for school: If you haven’t got a mascot for your preschool or school, get it right away. Your mascot will be a crowd puller in places like gardens, societies, parks, etc.
Pro Tip: Get a sky dancer Mascot and use it frequently in evenings.
- Flash promotion: This is the cheapest form of promotional activity that you can consider for your school. Promotional activities like newspaper inserts, pamphlet distribution, Do Not Disturb cards on doors with your school branding, Bookmarks, etc.
Pro Tip: If you are an established brand do not use this frequently as it will dilute your brand. On the flip side if you are a startup increase the frequency.
In my next post, I will share strategies that can be used to achieve school’s long-term goals